You are here
What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name (if provided)
- your Wake Up From Your Slumber user ID and password;
- any account-preference information you provide us
- your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or via any third party, we will:
- not sell or rent it;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- when aggregated with other information or obfuscated in such a way as to ensure that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations or entries in our fan mail section);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- as necessary to enforce this site's Terms of Service;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Wake Up From Your Slumber, its users, or other third parties.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for the technical administration of this site.
Wake Up From Your Slumber uses “cookies” to store personal data on your computer. We may also link information stored on your computer in cookies with personal data about specific individuals stored on our servers. If you set up your Web browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of this site.
External data storage sites
We store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off from Wake Up From Your Slumber when you have finished a browsing session;
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Notice to European Union users
Depending on the hosting service we are using at any point in time, Wake Up From Your Slumber's servers may be located outside the European Union (EU). By providing personal information to us, you acknowledge that you are aware of and are comfortable with the transmission and storage of your data on servers that may be located outside of the EU.
Information collected from children
You must be at least 18 years old to use this site. Wake Up From Your Slumber does not knowingly collect information from children under 18.
Questions or comments?